Title: Maintenance Parts Clerk
Classification/Job Grade: Hourly
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Supervised by: Maintenance Supervisor/Manager
At Prairie Farms our skilled team is looking for a Full Time Maintenance Parts Technician for our Battle Creek, Mi location. Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc. is one of the largest and most successful dairy cooperatives in the Midwest and parts of the South. Elements of the cooperative include more than 800 farm families, 8100 employees, 52 manufacturing plants, over 100 distribution facilities and annual sales of over $3 billion. Prairie Farms is a nationally recognized leader in the dairy industry known for setting the standard for milk flavor innovations and producing award winning milk, cheese, and cultured dairy products. With headquarters in Edwardsville,Il., The Prairie Farms distribution footprint covers over 30 percent of the United States; products are available in grocery chains, mass merchandiser stores, club stores, convenience stores, dollar stores, drug stores, and schools.
Battle Creek, Michigan processes raw milk and operates as a distribution center for the state of Michigan and other locations outside Michigan.
- Receives incoming parts and supplies (stock/non-stock)
- Count stock items and record date manually or using a computer
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses
- Processes all materials, products, parts, equipment and supplies to customers, coworkers or manufacturing technical support in conjunction with PM (preventive maintenance) or repair schedule and coordinates walk-in requests. Ensure accurate input and output of inventory from CMMS
- Verify inventory computations by comparing against physical count of stock and investigate discrepancies, report results to immediate supervisor
- Determine and modify as necessary minimum order quantities of all parts and supplies
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures and goods used or issued
- Maintain accurate records of damaged/used parts and process appropriate dispositions of the parts
- Drive fork-lift equipment/truck in order to pick up incoming stock or deliver parts to designated locations
- Experience in the food industry a plus.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote product quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years' experience in an industrial maintenance related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
- Practice safe working habits, ability to follow directions, and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required (e.g. lock out / tag out, high voltage electrical).
- Working knowledge of and the ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to repair and maintain equipment as needed in a fast paced environment during production.
- Ability to work off shifts and overtime as necessary. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes and propose or implement remedies.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed moving mechanical parts and forklifts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet / humid / cold conditions (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Prairie Farms, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time.