Job ID: 436205
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The role supports the Major Incident process for a 24/7 IT department supporting 1500 locations across the US and Canada CRH America's Materials business. This requires tight integration with Service Desk, functional resolver groups, IT executives and ITIL process. The role will also be responsible for supporting major incident trend and root cause analysis in addition to Aging Incident Management. Critical to this role is understanding user impact in a complex environment and the ability to quickly assess what IT functions may be needed for the timely resolution of any major incident. The Major Incident Analyst reports to the Director, End User Services.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Major Incident Management
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities and ensure end-to-end success of the Major Incident Management process.
- Identify and develop new process frameworks, review, recommend and document improvements.
- Manage and drive Major Incident technical bridge calls with on-call support teams and IT management.
- Ability to manage self and coordinate others in demanding situations.
- Successfully work as part of the Major Incident Management team to ensure the defined performance targets and KPIs are met.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with executive and management level partners.
- Engage external vendors to assist in restoring business service to meet contractual SLAs.
- Ability to adhere to current process and influence others to follow.
- Ensure the end-user confirmation and closure of all resolved Incident records.
- Serve as a part of an on-call rotation that covers 24/7/365.
Incident Trend Analysis
- Regular review of active, historical incidents and root cause analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements across all IT functions.
- Proactive communication of known issues or trends with the Service Desk, Infrastructure and all other functions as needed.
- Work with IT Service Management teams to drive positive impact across SLAs and MTTR.
Aging Incident Management
- Lead cross-functional IT and business teams in identifying, analyzing, and correcting aging incident trends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent, or 4 years of experience in similar IT support role
- 4 years of ITSM experience
- Cherwell or other ITSM tool experience
- ITIL and/or HDI Certification preferred
- Complex, large enterprise business environment experience a plus
- May require travel up to 10%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for leading resolution of critical incidents and motivating team members.
- Analytical skills and ability to ask probing questions and drive logical problem solving.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft software, specifically Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively explain technical information to people with less technical knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently by effectively leveraging provided tools.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and provide quality troubleshooting and service quickly.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people with a wide range of skills, experience, cultures and capabilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- The position may require work outside of normal business and/or support an 24/7/365 on-call schedule.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Sharepoint, Developer, Technology
This job has expired.