Job ID: 281719
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Management Development Trainee program starts our recruits on a journey that will yield a rewarding career in the extremely diverse culture of Oldcastle APG. The trainee starts their training period in Stockton, CA. The initial training period usually lasts 12-24 months. Once the trainee's performance warrants advancement to the next phase of training, they will be reassigned to a business unit for further training or to assume a leadership role. Once the employee reaches this phase, more doors of opportunity may open as the employee continues to evaluate their interests and career goals. There is no such thing as a typical day for our Management Development Trainee. Every day is different and every day brings with it a new set of challenges. They will gain skills in personnel issues, finance, sales, special projects and proposals, as well as the daily operations of the manufacturing facility.
- Trainees will spend time rotating through various departments coupled with training around operations functions to include gaining knowledge of production activities, manufacturing processes, safety and quality programs, business development, customer service and much more.
- Trainees will be assigned an executive mentor to aid in their growth process
- Ability to travel as needed for training purposes
- Relocatable for advancement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction, Engineering or equivalent work or Military experience
- Leadership and/or managerial skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Experience within the construction, building materials or related industry
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Stockton Job Segment:
Program Manager, Facilities, Construction Engineer, Manager, Engineer, Management, Operations, Engineering