The Manager Clinical Informatics will be responsible for support and development of core data analytics and applications within Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC). Core data analytics include developing complex phenotypes as well as curating, cleaning, and analyzing large-scale phenotypic datasets, including de-identified EHR extracts from external collaborators, targeted clinical datasets in selected cohorts, and internal datasets from clinical trials and other human subject research. Working on projects to make approaches to internal and external collaborations both innovative and more streamlined, will be part of the portfolio. You should have strong computer science background with formal training in a biomedical informatics program. Besides familiarity with foundational clinical ontologies, knowledge and experience with AWS/ google cloud platforms, API's and FHIR is highly desirable.
A typical day may include:
This role may be for you if:
- Understand analytical needs of a variety of therapeutic area researchers and translate them through queries on clinical databases, EHR datasets
- Support and develop phenotyping platforms through collaboration with other Genetic and IT teams at Regeneron Genetics Center. This will include strategizing underlying database schema, defining pipelines for data streams and user interface design
- Extract and transform data from relational databases to XML or JSON format (and vice versa). Use FHIR API's for exchanging data with external collaborators
- Conduct data analysis, including mining and curating of phenotypic datasets with primary responsibility in developing and identifying complex clinical phenotypes and cohorts of interest for "phenotype first" genomic analysis of associated samples and efficient data mining and association analysis in both phenotype first and genotype first queries. Code backend services to provide data to the front-end and integrate with other platforms.
- Collaborating with external partners, vendors for interoperability and data standardization needs
- Ensure alignment to architecture guidelines and frameworks related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery, etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process to own, research, and recommend new solutions.
- Deep knowledge of clinical data standards such as ICD, SNOMED, and LOINC, and biomedical ontologies. Familiarity with standards organizations such as Hl7 and other web resources to assist in developing solutions.
- Experience with AWS platform (or equivalent) tools such as Redshift, RDS, EC2
- Experience with OHDSI tools and the OMOP data models.
- Involvement in relevant programs such as eMERGE, All of Us, Sync4Science or other such projects is preferred.
- Enjoy working on an application across the entire stack, utilizing React, NodeJS, AWS services and other modern web technologies.
- You have strong analytical skills
- You can multitask and manage simultaneous projects to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- You are interested in data mining, clinical databases, hospital health informatics databases including Epic or other EHR data structures.
- You have familiarity with clinical data standards such as ICD, SNOMED, LOINC
- Have experience with HIPAA and IRB protocols around use of use of EHR data, working with investigators.
- Possess the ability to interpret and communicate analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
- You excel at managing relationships and projects involving diverse stakeholders. Ensuring that analyses are executed in a timely, accurate and reliable manner.
- You communicate findings clearly and document work for training and replication purposes.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
This job has expired.