Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The manager position is responsible for leading and executing Service Logistics and Repair operations across North America. This role will drive best in class customer service, to include hardware repair, distribution, order fulfillment and logistics support. Responsibility will include managing and driving the optimization of production repair and distribution and will impact an $8M+ yearly budget with ELT KPI's as well as Net Promoter scores. Additionally, the manager will ensure visibility to outbound shipments, returns and analyze repair data for continuous quality improvement. This position actively directs strategic and tactical decisions having a direct and profound effect on CDK profitability and client satisfaction. This is a pronounced leadership role in corporate wide initiatives and integrated with CDK Global Supply Chain.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Manage, organize, plan, and direct all activities associated with service and computer hardware repair operations to ensure daily operations needs and client KPI's are met or exceeded
- Manages a team of electronic repair technicians and resources that provides operational support for field services and customers
- Project management: to include special projects, new business, efficiencies improvement and quality management
- Manage and direct standard cost. Determine and set mean time for repair for all hardware. Work with data analyst to set yearly costs for costing analysis.
- Perform personnel functions for all direct reports, including, but not limited to: performance planning, training, mentoring, career path, salary planning and hiring/termination decisions.
- Tactical planning for short term goals and objectives
- Participate in strategic planning for long term goals and objectives
- Write monthly reports, create and monitor metrics/KPI's, and training documentation, as well as the ability to create, analyze and articulate ad hoc reports on demand
- Ensure documented processes are accurate, current and consistent
- Control expenditures within established budgetary limits and guidelines
- Ensure daily repair orders and stocking levels are met/maintained
- Establish and maintain SLR and corporate policies and procedures ensuring safety, process, inventory integrity, and security. Recommendation for solutions to issues must be made
- Manage, implement, communicate and audit all warranty and outside repair processes.
- Manage and measure outside repair vendors.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships as per contract stipulations - warranty reimbursement and exchange
- Manage and maintain hardware ECO requirements
- Manage Repair Knowledge base and all associated documents (standard repair procedures, manufacturer documents, etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Business Management, Electronics Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or other similar field
- Understanding of concepts/process related to distribution and production
- Proficient in production strategies and optimization
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, 5S and lean concepts
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies and terminology
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations surrounding production and warehousing and safety committees
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- Clear understanding of technology and computer hardware
- Minimum of 6 years experience with 4 years in a management role
- Excellent and demonstrable communication skills - written and oral
- Excellent and demonstrable leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong vendor negotiation skills
- Operations planning, forecasting and demand planning experience is desired
- Understanding of management cost analysis and data driven decision making
- Ability to keep employees engaged and motivated
- Experience with team supervision, including performance management and career development
Preferred Attributes & Qualifications
- APICS certification in CPIM, CSCP,SCOR-P
- ISM certification in CPSM, CPSD
- SCPro certification in CSCMP
- SOLE certification CPL
- Lean Certification
- American Society for Quality - Management, Six Sigma, Quality
- Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Logistics Technician
- PMP certification
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.