Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we're looking for:
Insures the efficient and trouble free operation of all data communications equipment, remote and local communications controllers, hubs, routers, fiber concentrators, PBX, key-systems, and voice mail. Must strive to maintain 100% uptime on all network connections.
What you'll do:
- Hires, trains, counsels, supervises, and appraises subordinates to insure an efficient and effective operation.
- Prepares and administers performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustments for salaried subordinates.
- Coordinates all network monitoring activities for communications, such as trunk utilization and bandwidth reports.
- Communicates relevant network control activities with IT management and non-IT management who are affected by the performance of the voice and data communications network.
- Insures that all network equipment is maintained in proper working order, including but not limited to hardware maintenance contracts, hot-spares, and software patches.
- Maintains network equipment inventories and network documentation with diagrams and device addresses.
- Maintains Internet linkage and connectivity while monitoring security in conjunction with the Manager of Systems Engineering.
- Works closely with Regional, Local, and National voice and data carriers to insure Mohawk receives competitive pricing on all services.
- Maintains enterprise-wide voice, network, and fiber cabling.
What you need:
- Responsible for developing and deploying infrastructure solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating, virtualizing and coordinating Mohawk's infrastructure across the enterprise; optimizing performance and reliability of infrastructure components to support business applications and requirements. Understands interdependency of PBX, Call Center, Voice-over-IP, voice messaging, and Wide Area Network. Stays abreast of current technology trends and changes, determines potential impact on business services and processes and recommends solutions for improved use of technology to support business short- and long-term goals.
- Develops, recommends and implements operational techniques and methodologies, which insure full use of machines and personnel.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
- Performs all responsibilities within the guidelines of enterprise policies and directives at or above the enterprise's performance and evaluation standards. Familiar with a variety of infrastructure concepts, practices and procedures; relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; establish and approve operating policies to mitigate risk.
- Build infrastructure capability that reflects the reliable and flexible in nature that can be maintained in manner consistent with the corporation's needs and budget; manage key external vendors and partners in support and acquisition of infrastructure in close collaborate with IS Vendor Management Office; ensure SLAs with third parties are met and internal KPI's are maintained. Maintain effective, productive and professional working relationships with internal and external customers, third party vendors, project management office, relationship managers, and governance organizations in accomplishing project objectives.
What will make you successful:
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science, communications, or other relevant field
- Minimum 5-10 years voice and data communications experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of network supervisor/manager experience
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Strong technical knowledge; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, and to stimulate, market, and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
- This position will supervise both direct and indirect employees.
- Normal Office Environment.
- Domestic travel may be required occasionally, up to 30%/year
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and staris.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.