BringYOURenergy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build strong communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy.
When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. If you'd like to work at a place where you matter and where you can use your talents and passions to advance your career, join the Alliant Energy team.
What sets us apart?
- Competitive pay and an excellent benefits package
- A dedication to career growth and development
- A culture that elevates our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond - be bold.
- The chance to create a positive impact on our local communities
Alliant Energy has an outstanding opportunity for a Manager of Customer Operations in Ames, IA and the surrounding areas! In this critical role, you will manage and provide leadership for basic to complex system operations, maintenance and reliability and emergency response work. You will be responsible for providing supervision for crew leads and individual contributors. This position is also a contact for company leadership within the community. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with community officials and retail customers as needed. This position will work with the System and Process owners to implement process and system changes and provide feedback on process improvements.
- Residency Requirement: 60 Minutes to operating center.
Project Management/Process Improvement Job Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree within an emphasis in business, engineering or related areas is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in large electric construction, gas and electric operations, project management, or related work
- 3 years supervisory experience or equivalent. (Equivalent supervisory experiences may include project management, providing work direction, leadership experience through temporary assignments, roles in the community or external organizations, or other demonstrated leadership experience.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity.
- Primary residence must be within a reasonable distance of designated headquarters and within 60 minutes of an operating center in the zone(s) for which employee is responsible.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- This job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts 40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with labor union management preferred.
- Knowledge of safety rules and applicable electric codes and DOT regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand utility maps, plan and profiles, and drawings preferred.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and basic accounting.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology applications. Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Works in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Note: This job is covered by the Department of Transportation regulations on drug and alcohol testing (CFR 49, Parts 40 and 199), and is subject to drug testing according to said regulations.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.It's not just what we do; it's how we do it!
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to preform key job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Service Center at (608) 458-8458.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Posting Title
Manager of Customer Operations
This job has expired.