Primary Job Purpose
The Manager of Operations Knowledge and Training provides leadership and oversight of process improvement, knowledge and training for the insurance business operations lines of business (e.g. Customer Service, Claims, Membership, Office Services). They collaborate with business leaders to understand business processes and change initiatives and ensure staff learning needs are appropriately addressed through training and performance support tools.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Oversees the development, implementation and success of training and knowledge management programs within Regence Operations.
- Provides leadership to the implementation and coordination of process improvement methodologies to be leveraged by Regence Operations departments to improve performance and efficiency.
- Oversees the establishment, maintenance, and support of processes and procedures that guide daily operations around the content management of the knowledge management system in the areas of authoring, editing, indexing and the quality and publishing processes.
- Handles all management level responsibilities for staff, including performance reviews, employee development, hiring, coaching, counseling, and retention. Develops supervisors and participates in talent management activities.
- In conjunction with division leadership, establishes long-term goals for department and adapts operational plans as changes occur.
- Regularly communicates organizational objectives and communicates a compelling vision or sense of core purpose. Establishes team goals and performance objectives that align with the goals of the business. Monitors, measures, and reports results.
- Manages financial targets and department budget, authorizes expenditures, monitors workforce allocation and resources, and oversees project plans.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills with proven ability to provide responsive leadership, delegate, coordinate and motivate staff, evaluate performance and be accountable for team results.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices related to adult education, curriculum planning, course design, training evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service and business operations within the healthcare field. Experience leading change initiatives including planning and executing organizational, process and technology change on a large scale.
- Knowledge of best practice project management methodologies, such as Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and relationship-building skills with all levels of the organization, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify problems, develop solutions, implement a course of action and measure results.
The Manager of Operations Knowledge and Training would have a Bachelor's degree in business management or related field with 7 years training experience, 5 years customer service, membership or claims experience, and 3 years' experience in a leadership or supervisory role. Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.FTEs Supervised
- Travel may be required, either locally or out of state
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members for 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you're seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com