Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we need:
Manages, plans, and coordinates the quality assurance program to ensure continuous production and service are consistent with established standards. Oversees the planning, staffing, and day-to-day operations of the quality assurance function to ensure assigned areas operate in a cost effective and efficient manner. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to develop and work with supervisors in all areas such as manufacturing processes, product development, purchasing to achieve goals and employee relations. Assists senior plant management with planning, developing, and controlling budgets. Within the area of responsibility, establishes and enforces effective procedures for quality assurance, workplace safety, and equipment maintenance with emphasis on compliance, process improvement and related functions. Performs with latitude for independent action within the framework of the job's primary duties.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Responsible for design and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure quality standards are met during production. Works closely with locations to install and train the Quality functions.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with associates in order to provide positive feedback, ensure that all associates have current and accurate information required for proper job performance, and have access to training and development opportunities.
- Develop short- and long-range plans to improve the effectiveness of systems and processes while ensuring compliance with customer and internal quality standards and to identify systematic and incidental quality problems.
- Develop and implement processes to investigate and resolve customer complaints and problems to maintain and upgrade product quality. Must be able to understand inspection, measurement, and testing protocols and procedures.
- Provide supervision and direction to team members who are engaged in sampling, testing, evaluating, and recommending solutions for quality problems.
- Works with Product Development and Marketing to ensure carpet for show meet required standard and is available at correct time to install.
- Maintain an awareness of new techniques, methods, and equipment applicable to Quality Assurance to assist management in developing plans and implementing policies to continuously improve manufacturing processes and increase product quality while reducing production costs and gaining competitive advantage for the Company.
- Participate in planning and implementation of changes in production methods, tooling and equipment, space allocations, workforce utilization, production schedules, lines, and other factors required to maintain or improve compliance with quality standards of existing products and to establish initial and continuing compliance with quality standards for new and/or redesigned products.
- Work with locations to assure proper quality planning for documented procedures.
- Reviewing color spectrophotometer readings and visual color review of solution dyed yarns
- Support to Engineering/Technical
- Daily review of quality trends/concerns
- Full review of yarn properties with feedback and advance notice on potential issues
- Physically active alongside with employees: active on the production floor and lab areas.
- Able to lead a team, evaluate performance and delegate accordingly.
- Performs a variety of tasks as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred and 6 years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes a minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity. OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manufacturing experience in assigned functional area
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems.
- Strong knowledge of Mohawk's organizational and functional operating structure, products, and administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans, and administrative guidelines.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement, and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Would prefer a Textile Quality background, possibly Textile degree.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Must possess the desire and ability to motivate and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to develop long range plans and budgets to build effective and cost-efficient quality assurance programs.
- Must pass Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue color vision test.
- Must be able to make best judgement decisions for sample approval and overall quality issues when necessary.
We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to see what we mean!
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market: