WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world's largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data - spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices - so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium's turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium's customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers' and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a motivated, energetic and hands on Revenue Manager. Through managing and mentoring a team of three, this position will have responsibility for nearly all aspects of the revenue and receivable cycles. The role will require both good managerial skills as well as hands on participation as this person will oversee many aspects of the A/R cycle but will also be directly performing certain elements such as revenue analysis and assembling our key performance indicators. The right candidate will possess exceptional and proven technical accounting skills and order to cash process experience. Ideally, you have a mix of public and private accounting experience, a bachelor's degree, and you are a CPA. This person will also be involved with the financial reporting process and will assist with the preparation and distribution of financial information to certain external parties.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- Hands-on ownership of monthly and quarterly revenue and A/R close process including monitor, review, and analysis of revenue, accounts receivable, collections, un-billed revenue, deferred revenue, revenue schedules and journal entries.
- Manage the A/R and revenue team and help provide guidance and career development to each member.
- Serve as subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, and client services to review customer contracts and determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards.
- Perform a risk-based approach to contract reviews to ensure accurate and complete information for processing orders in our system (NetSuite).
- Assist with requests from Sales and Customer Success teams related to order creation, revenue recognition and other related matters.
- Collaborate with the FP&A and Sales Finance group on revenue / SaaS metrics forecast and projections.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly key performance indicators including RPO reporting, collection status and reporting and revenue analytics.
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation for revenue and A/R cycles.
- Identify and implement process improvements; we are a fast-growing company and are consistently reinventing our processes to keep pace with our growth to ensure scalability.
- Perform and/or update our SSP study and appropriate revenue allocation in accordance with ASC 606.
- Prepare revenue technical memos, as needed.
- Assist with external audits including but not limited too, preparation of supporting schedules and working papers.
- Stay current on evolving Accounting Standards pronouncements and updates under prevailing regulatory bodies (FASB, SEC), incorporating into current Company policy as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute financial reporting to external parties.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Sound understanding of Revenue Accounting and accounting around Accounts Receivable, Deferred Revenue and Un-billed Revenue
- 5+ years of relevant revenue experience, including Big Four or public accounting experience and SaaS industry experience; CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of and experience with ASC 606, preferably in software and SaaS
- Detail oriented and organized; proven ability to manage a team
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Develops and maintains a high standard of internal customer service
- Desire to continuously improve and a positive, "can-do" approach
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
In many U.S. states, employers are required to include a pay range for posted positions. Although this isn't a requirement in every state, communicating transparently is a cornerstone of our operations at Tealium, and we believe in making this information available to all applicants.
The U.S. pay range for this full-time position is listed below, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is eligible for a robust benefits package that includes the following:
- Employees are eligible to receive stock options.
- Employees and their families are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Employees have the option to enroll in our 401k plan and are eligible to receive contributions for company matching.
- Employees are eligible for unlimited paid time-off and extended paid parental leave.
- We offer 11 paid holidays annually with an additional Healium Be-Well break for most employees.
- We offer 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs.
- Our sick leave accrual is the following for our employees:
- Exempt CA employees (not including San Francisco) including NY : accrue 40 hours each year. Unused sick leave carries over into the next year. Employees cannot exceed 80 hours in a given year.
- Exempt Non - CA employees (not including NY) including SF: Accrue 1 hour every 30 hours worked. Cannot exceed 180 hours in the calendar year.
- Non-Exempt: accrue 1 hour every 30 hours worked. Unused carries over to the next year. Not to exceed 108 hours in a calendar year.
An overview of our benefits and perks can be found on our careers page, https://tealium.com/careers/. Additional details regarding the benefits package will be provided during your interview process.
Compensation Range - $103,000-$129,000WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
At Tealium, we don't just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium's solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.#LI-Remote
*Offerings vary by level and location.