Posted in Education and Training
Job Summary: Serve as the University's primary information resource on tax and financial compliance matters, including, but not limited to, acting as the primary liaison to federal, state and city filing agencies and ensuring compliance with separate entities, such as GASB, FASB, and NCAA. Responsible for tax compliance and tax return preparation for income, sales/use, payroll, excise and all other tax liabilities for the University and Foundations. Responsible for various external financial reporting. Assist with tax and regulatory policy development. Duties/Physical Demands: 1. Act as the University's primary information resource on tax and related matters. Serve as primary liaison with the IRS and with the State and City filing agencies. In the event of an audit, act as a coordinator to satisfy the audit requirements. Remain current on tax laws and regulations, and interpret them as they affect the situations of the University and the Foundations.
2. Research, review, understand, interpret and implement compliance requirements for entities such as GASB, FASB, and NCAA. Approve procurement transactions related to these compliance matters.
3. Prepare various external financial reports, including but not limited to, the annual State of Ohio Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR), State of Ohio Higher Education Information (HEI), and Higher Learning Education Commission (HLC).
4. Coordinate annual NCAA compliance and reporting in partnership with Intercollegiate
5. Monitor the University's unrelated business income. Communicate regularly with a variety of offices across campus to gather UBI information and maintain appropriate workpapers on the information. Remain current with IRS positions on UBI issues, and assure the University's compliance with current regulations.
6. Assist with daily activities and year end audit workpaper and financial statement preparation for the Miami University Foundation.
7. Assist the Chief Accounting Officer and other financial managers in developing University-wide financial policies that conform to IRS and other regulatory requirements. Remain educated on tax issues and communicate, as appropriate, to other offices on any new developments and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to comply.
8. Prepare or review a variety of other tax filings, including but not limited to, Form 990 and 990-T for the Foundation, Form 990 for the Paper Science Foundation and Western College Alumni Association, sales tax returns, property tax, exemption requests, excise tax returns, etc. Identify, research, and resolve any compliance issues related to these returns. Responsible for reconciling tax liability accounts for employer and employee withholding accounts.
9. Lead or participate in LEAN projects in order to increase processing efficiency and reduce costs. Continually challenge the current operations and identify new process to review.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Accounting or Chief Accounting Officer.
Minimum Qualifications: The position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant, Auditor or Accounting Supervisor/Manager and a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and or general business. Desired Qualifications: CPA or Master's degree are strongly preferred. Experience with fund accounting in a university or similar environment. Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Experience with Banner Finance or other ERP software preferred. Prefer 3 or more years supervisory experience, and knowledge of GAAP, GASB, and FASB. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requires a strong proficiency with PC-based software including an advanced proficiency with Excel and experience with other analytical tools. Requires a strong tax background and understanding of Internal Revenue tax code. Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are required. Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter. Diversity Statement: Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University's diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University's mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University's commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000
Posted about 3 hours ago
St. Louis, Missouri
Posted about 3 hours ago
Mount Orab, Ohio
Posted about 3 hours ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our