A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of "fully vaccinated" assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
More Info - https://www.emdgroup.com/careers/us/Disclosure-Notice-COVID-Vaccination-Policy-State-Restrictions.pdf
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leadership of the manufacturing team and the implementation of programs to ensure that product is manufactured in accordance with all safety, quality, cGMP and applicable regulatory requirements. In addition, this individual assures production schedules are met to fulfill forecasted market demand and assures that manufacturing costs are minimized through effective utilization of resources, equipment, facilities and materials.
Who you are:Minimum Qualifications
- Manage multiple manufacturing areas including the supervision of approximately 40 staff operating 24/7
- Promote a culture of safety, quality and compliance, and achieve continuous improvement through OpEx initiatives.
- Create and track metrics demonstrating a successful manufacturing operation
- Partner with Quality group to trend and improve quality KPIs
- Identify and mitigate risks in manufacturing that could adversely impact project outcomes and timely delivery of product to customers
- Partner with Manufacturing Science & Technology (MSAT) team, to ensure activities related to technology transfer and scale-up are successful.
- Participate in the design, justification, and execution of capital projects for manufacturing facilities and equipment
- Ensure the structure and staffing of manufacturing department is adequate to meet site objectives
- Optimize manufacturing schedules and resource shift patterns
- Establish and maintain training requirements for manufacturing staff
- Attract, develop, and retain skilled talent
- Provide strong avenue of communication for employees maintaining a foundation of respect and dignity
- Interact on a daily basis with customers, project management, QA/QC, EHS, process & analytical development, and business development.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits as needed
- Host current and potential clients, presenting operational related information
- May require occasional night/weekend availability to interface with shift staff
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a leadership role for cGMP production operations.
- Experience leading small molecule manufacturing operations preferred
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline). Master's degree preferred.
What we offer:
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Black belt certification a plus
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Our Benefits -
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 244450
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time