Marketing Associate - Account Manager
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
NCSA is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to serve as Marketing Associate - Account Manager. A successful candidate will help in developing and managing communication plans to leverage NCSA's broad expertise across all channels in furthering the organization's brand.
The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides supercomputing and advanced digital resources for the nation's scientific enterprise. At NCSA, University of Illinois faculty, staff, students, and collaborators from around the globe use advanced digital resources to address and research grand challenges for the benefit of science and society. NCSA has been advancing one third of Fortune 50 companies for more than 30 years by bringing industry, researchers and students together to solve grand challenges at rapid speed and scale.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Account Management (50%)
Other MarComm Support (50%)
- Work closely with NCSA Marketing and Communications (MarComm) leadership to determine strategies for stakeholder marketing and communications according to NCSA MarComm and University policies.
- Develop, nurture and evolve stakeholder relationships, working with various personnel from project managers to organization leaders on marketing and communications endeavors that support the collective brand while achieving individual stakeholder goals.
- Draft and manage communications plans based on organizational and stakeholder goals and resources.
- Guide projects through the production process, including facilitating document progress through approvals within MarComm and stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate stakeholder requests in a way that leverages all existing and proposed communications to maximize impact and cost efficiencies.
- Understand and support marketing and communications channel management from public relations vehicles to social media and websites.
- Help maintain adherence to brand style guidelines set forth by the NCSA MarComm leadership in cooperation with University style.
- Facilitate meetings between stakeholders and MarComm personnel on communications plan elements.
- Assist, as needed, in handling other aspects of MarComm functions such as drafting communications, editing and standing in at meetings as necessary.
- Support team as needed in fulfilling print requests and event coordination.
- Work with MarComm team in continually reviewing tools and processes to ensure efforts are resulting in greatest returns on investment.
- Assist team in coordinating internal and external newsletters.
- Provide backup, as needed, for collaborative communications efforts between NCSA and other institutions.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- Three years of professional work experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related field.
- Demonstrated account management and project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven track record in assessing processes and offering solutions to improve and streamline.
- Knowledge of content marketing and strategy best practices.
- Professionalism and ability to interact with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain communication plans to those who may not have experience with them.
- Capacity to function in a hybrid environment of in-person and remote work.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously using a variety of technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a diverse, sometimes fast-paced environment.
Salary and Appointment Information:
- Due to the nature of the work, some nights and weekends are required.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service Marketing Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.To Apply:
Applications must be received by November 17, 2021
. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter which details all qualifications noted above, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials for every degree attained, Bachelor's degree and higher (unofficial transcripts or photo of the diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Devin Scheidemantel email@example.com. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137
NCSA is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Marketing Associate - Account Manager - National Center for Supercomputing Applications (155137)
This job has expired.