JOB TITLE: Marketing Associate
DEPARTMENT: Central Marketing
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Marketing Services
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
WHO WE ARE:
RX is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we're helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer-based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
How do we do it? We innovate. Out of the box ideas are welcome here. We embrace creativity and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that keeps us growing and evolving. We collaborate. We put 'we' before 'me' and the customer above all. If you are looking for a fast-paced, challenging, friendly and fun environment where no two days are ever the same, we'd like to meet you!
ABOUT CENTRAL MARKETING:
Our Central Marketing team is a highly collaborative group that supports all US trade shows and events by creating and executing on all marketing plans. We are fast-paced and dynamic-changing priorities require agility, flexibility and the ability to stay calm under pressure. We share our work, celebrate our successes and learn from our experiences. The bonds forged here help us grow not only our careers, but deep and lasting friendships. The Central Marketing department consists of speciality groups dedicated to Campaign Management, Digital Marketing, Marketing Delivery, and Graphic Design.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE JOB SUMMARY:
The Marketing Associate is responsible for developing marketing materials for various B2B and B2C tradeshow campaigns within the US-all to be executed with a strong focus on the overall show marketing campaign and strategy. You will handle projects across multiple marketing functions, including special events, press/PR, partner marketing, education/conference programming, and targeted attendee programming, for both face-to-face events as well as digital/virtual event offerings.
Specifically, Marketing Associate responsibilities include:
- Provide effective and efficient marketing support to the greater marketing community
- Understand and execute projects against the marketing strategy while proactively contributing ideas to add value to the overall marketing campaign
- Manage projects across multiple shows and share frequent status updates with marketing managers and marketing directors
- Comprehend and implement the specific needs and messaging of your targeted audiences through marketing deliverables
- Use key marketing performance metrics and appropriate tracking tools to measure the effectiveness of marketing deliverables and campaigns
- Share and apply best practices and actionable suggestions based on quantifiable results
- Seek out and adapt to new marketing solutions to assess relevance and opportunity for other shows
- Request estimates to project cost and timeline; successfully monitor project implementation against proposed budget and timing
- Work with show partners and allied associations to fulfil marketing agreements and maintain strong relationship management
- Coordinate logistical needs and create marketing materials for special events, press/PR, education/conference programming, and targeted attendee programming
- Create printed materials including brochures, sales sheets, signage and more
- Produce materials for special events, handle logistical needs for special events, working with external vendors and sponsors as needed
- Conduct website audits and work with marketing teams to ensure content is up to date
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, or related field
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment-functions well under pressure and flexibility to work with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects at the same time. Coordinates with managers, directors and support teams to meet project deadlines
- Collaborative team player who works well in a team setting and across departments
- High attention to detail
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator preferred
- Ability to travel 3-4 times per year
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.