Job ID: 307699
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Material Handler role in our Charlotte location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within our Charlotte location. You can be our next success story.
The role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
The job of the skid shipping/packing is to move the completed bundles to the shipping area either with the crane or hoist so they can be loaded on the trucks. First of all, this person has to be in contact with his supervisor to maintain the schedule for the day. He/she is to always move the bundles and skids in a safe manner to the designated area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- When your shift starts, be in designated area ready to begin.
- Participate in mandatory group stretching meeting with your coworkers.
- Maintain housekeeping in the corrugated storage area. Get all the fanfold in the storage area at the front of packing.
- Safely move material from packing area to the shipping area using the cranes/hoists.
- Banding and delivery of materials being skidded to fabrication departments. Completed needed tickets and manifest
- Assist other Material Handlers as needed.
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure cleanliness and safety.
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow
- Excellent attendance
- Able to follow instructions
- Be a team player
- Forklift and Crane Certified
- Able to endure the temperature changes of the seasons
- Attentive to details - whether equipment defects or checking customer tags
- Able to stand on feet for 8 hours a day
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. You can transfer your earnings instantly for $2.99 per transaction or next-day for $1.99. Certain terms and conditions apply. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Charlotte Job Segment:
Warehouse, Fabrication, Forklift, System Administrator, Industrial, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.