Job ID: 307079
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Material Handler role in our Shawnee location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
We are seeking full-time Material Handlers for night shift to work in the Cutting Department at our Shawnee, OK location. The shift begins at 4 PM Monday-Friday. This position involves handling and moving glass and metal materials from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite product throughout the plant. Starting pay is $14.50 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Move glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily
- Transport of materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process
- Read and attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Quality inspection, operating equipment, and/or manually maneuvering equipment
- Understand layout of the facility to ensure proper product flow
- Perform different job functions on a rotating basis
- Inspect product for any abnormalities and notifying supervisor immediately of any issues
- Utilize a tape measure to ensure product is within the product specifications
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and/or overtime as needed
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- At least one year of previous work experience in a warehouse, manufacturing or production facility, preferred
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach constantly
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs constantly
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Additional Information
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Oklahoma City Nearest Secondary Market:
Oklahoma Job Segment:
Warehouse, Night, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.