Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Uses materials requirements planning (MRP), SAP transactions and report to plan material availability.
- Proactively drives material plan to achieve customer commitments and operations delivery objectives.
- Works with Value Stream leads to ensure demand is properly sequenced and capacity is correct.
- Creates and manages purchase orders with suppliers. Maintains purchase info records.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers to monitor lead time and adherence to schedule agreement quantities. Maintain ROP, commitment, and delivery quantities.
- Implements established Inventory Optimization guidelines.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Three years of experience in planning, coordinating, and scheduling production operations preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. In lieu of degree, consideration for additional years of related experience may be accepted as a trade-off.
- Prior experience using material planning software (such as SAP MRP) preferred.
- Prior experience in inventory management preferred.
- APICS Supply Chain Certification desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Skilled use of SAP and MRP planning.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing processes such as Kanban.
- Time management skills to prioritize and multi-task.
- Customer-service orientation. Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to process data logically and identify issues.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires use of computer and telephone.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Work environment may contain load noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Work space is one that may contain moving mechanical parts
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.