It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Supervisor is responsible for most of the production enabling activity, including but not limiting to, process flow of packaging supplies, shipping and receiving, assist in inventory management of supplies. Interface daily with production supervisors, procurement, maintenance, and plant manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize production support needs with clear communication of the priorities.
- Adhere to and champion all safety policies and procedures, build upon and expand.
- Reduce material kitting and packaging inventory discrepancies through employee training, effective KPIs and process optimization.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the materials management personnel and their production activity in support of published production schedule
- Manage time sheets and PTO requests from direct reports
- Delegate assignments to appropriate teams and personnel
- Own min-max management of packaging materials.
- Manage sample request process, material transfer to other DuBois sites.
- Optimize and standardize flow patterns to and from distribution centers, other company warehouses.
- Design and execute auditing processes for inbound and outbound materials, equipment, etc.
- Manages 'in question' ("on hold" items, stranded containers of material, etc.) inventory with production leads, quality, etc.
- Ensure quality output and on-time completion of production support activities
- Monitor performance levels in support areas to achieve standards and resolve problems
- Ensure the completion of process records and performing the data entry, as required
- Respond to daily employee relations issues, and contributing to the resolution of associate concerns, to help promote a harmonious work environment
- Ensure new and temporary associates are properly trained and monitor their work
- Drive change through lean, and continuous improvement activities.
- Manage recycle activities (totes, drums, etc.)
- Maintain and build good housekeeping processes
- Serves as backup to Production Supervisors.
- Foster a positive work environment
- Recommend process improvements to Plant Manager
- Regular and sustained attendance
- Four or more years or prior management experience
- Working knowledge of ISO, OSHA, and EPA regulations
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Knowledge of production tools and equipment
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional and positive attitude
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Type of position - Full-time, Non Exempt
- Hours a week: 40 hours planned
- As many as 10 direct reports
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Standing and /or walking a minimum of 6 hours of an 8-hour shift.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Specific Location Hazards: Stairs, Slippery and or wet floors, Fork Truck Traffic
Frequent exposure to wet and humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat (non-weather) and loud noise levels.
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.