* JOB SUMMARY:
Overall coordination of the receipt, storage, and distribution of all materials. Supports Plant Material Manager on effectively managing material flows to support production requirements and capacity constraints.
* ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
* Oversees all material transactions making sure all transactions are accurate and timely.
* Supplies Plant Material Manager with accurate information related to materials, cycle count and scrap/salvage opportunities.
* Ensures required raw materials are available and in acceptable condition.
* Manage cycle count and reconcile differences.
* Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers’ expectations.
* Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
* Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects, kaizens.
* Be able to read and understand AWC specs and drawings.
* Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
* Participate in identifying hiring needs, employee selection and training process.
* Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
* Ensures policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
* Develop and maintain relationship with AWC clients and providers.
* Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
* Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
APICS or ISM certification a plus.
Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience, wood related preferred
Minimum of 2 years of supervision experience preferred
Must be familiar with Material Management best practices.
Experience working in or with purchasing, planning, logistics, and finance.
Lean and/or Six Sigma training a plus.
Minimum of 2 years experience using computer based material management and proven proficiency with MRP systems.
Excellent computer skills in a network environment, Microsoft products experience preferred – Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Track record of successful project management
Strong planning/organization and time management skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Will supervise hourly employees.
* PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
Essential Physical Tasks:
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
Frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Occasional required to lift up to 20lbs.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 6 minutes ago
Posted 5 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!