Job ID: 480892
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co., A CRH Company, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll help to inspect, repair, service and maintain diesel powered and electronically operated mobile equipment. You'll learn the inner workings of each piece of equipment, become an expert at what you do and expand your skillset by working on new equipment each day. You'll play an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Applicants can be hired on as either a Journeyman or Apprentice based on hours worked and experience within the trade.
If you're someone who likes working with your hands, loves to problem solve and troubleshoot, and takes pride in rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, you'll feel right at home here with our family. Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: Rates of pay will be based on classification of Apprentice or Journeyman and according to scale:
Apprentice 70% = $21.74 to Journeyman = $31.05
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Year Round Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k Employer Contribution
- Annual Safety & Performance Bonus Potential
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Annual Merit Raises
- Home Every Night!
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Should have skills in basic fabrication.
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Perform general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assist other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently within its designed parameters.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be able to join local Machinists Union #751 within 31 days of hire.
- Valid CDL and Medical Card or ability to obtain within 90 days required.
- Currently have or ability to obtain your own tools.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance and punctuality.
- Diesel engine and heavy equipment mechanical knowledge required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays as needed.
- Must have current US Authorization to work or ability to obtain without company assistance prior to start date.
- This is a swing shift position.
- Previous construction or related experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsWhat CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 24, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Spokane Job Segment:
Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Electrical, Construction, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering