Job ID: 294021
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH's South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a skilled position involving making r epairs to and maintaining road construction equipment and mechanical equipment such as trucks, trailers, batch plants, paving machines, bulldozers, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, asphalt paving and other equipment by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Welds broken parts and structural members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago