Job ID: 293939
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
To safely and efficiently perform inspection, preventive maintenance, repair, and installation-related to mechanical maintenance tasks throughout the plant.
- Align sheaves and V-Belts, using precision equipment.
- Adjust and inspect gaskets on pumps.
- Assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Inspect and repair clinker cooler parts.
- Inspect and repair Kiln parts including, but not limited to: nose rings, tires, rollers, thrust systems and girth gears.
- Inspect and repair liners, center screens and diaphragms in the Finish Mill.
- Inspect and repair bearings and rotors on separators, as well as parts on air conveyor systems.
- Inspect and replace air slides, compressor couplings, screw conveyors and conveyor parts.
- Inspect and replace bags and cages in dust collectors.
- Inspect and repair blower V-belts and filters, air cannons and parts.
- Inspect, align and replace parts of belt and chain conveyors.
- Inspect and replace fan and rotor bearing alignment.
- Perform precision alignment using dial indicators and lasers.
- Perform routine management and documentation.
- Perform rigging of heavy loads.
- Perform 5S cleaning and lubrication.
- Must perform welding skills.
- Must be able to operate a cutting torch and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Must participate in 5S Housekeeping Program within the plant.
- Must be able to fabricate from prints and sketches in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must understand and perform root cause analysis.
- Must be able to operate mobile equipment.
- Must perform machinist duties.
- Must keep Maintenance areas clean.
- Must maintain and repair Gators and trucks.
- Must assist the Process Attendant the Pre-Heater Tower.
- Must answer all corrective calls from Production.
- Must follow SPCC - spill control procedures.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist with other departmental needs as required.
High School Graduate, GED, or Trade School
- 2 - 3 years related experience in Mechanical Maintenance repair in an industrial environment preferably in a cement plant
About CRH Americas
- Must be able to weld, cut, and use standard maintenance-shop type machinery
- Must be able to show and take initiative based on sound problem solving skills
- Able to operate mobile equipment including Bobcat, Condor, and Forklift
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, work on catwalks or other unusual work areas
- Good communication skills for use with co-workers, contractors, completing reports, etc.
- Able to show and take initiative based on sound problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime and shift work.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to complete quality work in a timely fashion, without rework.
- Able to perform heavy lifting/physically demanding work for prolonged periods of time in extremes of climate/temperature.
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lake City Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Maintenance, Technician, Welding, Warehouse, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.