Our Lincolnshire, IL Plant is looking to add a talented Industrial Mechanic to our team.
The Industrial Mechanic is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment related to coil processing production equipment and will require skills to diagnose and repair problems and perform preventative maintenance inspections.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
Excellent pay - Our Industrial Mechanics start at $31.71 per hour. Employees receive premium pay (time and one-half) for hours worked on Saturday and Sunday and receive shift differential pay for evening shifts.
Incentive plan - Employees are eligible for a Productivity Incentive Plan once completing 90 days of service. The plan is paid on a monthly basis with a maximum payout of 5%.
Benefits - We offer a competitive benefit program including paid vacation and holidays. Employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance which begins on the date of hire. New employees are immediately eligible to participate for the 401(k) plan, including Company match up to 2.5%; additional Employer contributions of 4% after one year of employment.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot, remove, replace, repair, and perform mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance, lubrication, repair and adjustment of coil processing equipment.
- Perform mechanical repairs on industrial drive trains including gear boxes, gear trains, sprockets, chains, belts, pulleys; replace bearings.
- Recognizing and performing machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems, operational interlocks, sensors, and energy systems isolations
- Maintaining certifications for calibrated equipment, maintenance documentation, machine history, and all other appropriate documentation for production equipment.
- Offer technical/ mechanical suggestions to improve efficiency, reusability and extended life of equipment.
- Continuously work with other departments to evaluate and improve technical solutions and strategies.
- Document and communicate maintenance/repair actions as well as irregularities.
- Test equipment to confirm machines will meet production and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with safety, cleanliness and established regulations.
- Guide production staff in routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- Maintain, monitor and control spare parts and tooling
- Perform pipe fitting, welding and brazing.
- Complies with all safety procedures such as rigging methods, lockout/tagout, confined space entry permit procedure, etc. and utilizes all personal protective and other safety equipment such as fall protection devices. Must replace all safety guards and restore housekeeping following repairs.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work from drawings and sketches. Must demonstrate comprehension of engineering specifications and technical manuals.
- Knowledge of bearing installation, lubrication, alignment and failure causes• Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or related field preferred and three to five years industrial skills.
- Willingness to train and improve knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, pumps, power transmissions, PM programs, welding, lubrication, and rigging.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Must be a leader in safety and be a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
Novelis EEO Statement
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training, are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.