If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
**** Sign On Bonus Eligible Up To $5000 ****
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for Certified Medical Assistant in our Palm Beach Gardens facility with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
The core responsibilities of the role are the following:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Gives injections and treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Assists in patient care activities such as dressing changes and leg wraps.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patient.
- Assists with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments and materials to the doctor as directed.
- Provides patients with basic instruction and information regarding examination procedures.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments while observing principles of sterile technique.
- Schedules patients for tests and completes required forms for laboratory work.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records and documentation.
- Orders, stocks, and inventories supplies, and assists in performing clerical duties.
- Escorts and transports patients to various hospital locations.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certified Medical Assistant CertificationExperience:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
DEPARTMENT ADDENDUMDepartment Specific Functions
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
Perform a preliminary screening of patients prior to scheduling to determine if PBG ASC is the appropriate setting for their surgeries utilizing the "Selection Criteria for Ambulatory Surgery Centers". Obtain patients' vitals including weight, height and BMI prior to scheduling surgery. Collect and document brief medical history including the names of Primary Care Providers and specialists. Provide follow-up assistance to the Scheduling Coordinators to ensure medical clearances are received prior to the surgical packages going to the ASC. Communicate with the ASC Anesthesia team on potential clearance questions, ASC criteria, and anesthetic concerns. Assist the surgeons with scheduling patients in Miami and act as a liaison between surgeons, surgery staff, anesthesia and patients.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.