The Iowa River Landing Diabetes Management Clinic is seeking a 80-100% Medical Assistant II. Under direct supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse, performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in an ambulatory setting. Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment
Percent of Time:
- Responsible for facilitating the smooth flow of patients through the clinic through interaction with patients, families and staff.
- Assist in clinic with physical examination of patient and related treatments, including but not limited to: patient history, medication records, allergies and immunizations.
- Manages internal and external medical records to ensure that accurate and complete data is available for patient appointments.
- Administers routine oral, rectal or injectable medications not requiring a high level of skill or nursing judgment. (These are medications that can only be administered by certified medical assistants or medical assistants who have completed a formal accredited training program.)
- Performs routine laboratory tests such as urinalysis and blood work, does electrocardiograms and x-ray work as needed.
- Identifies vaccination needs for specific patient populations.
- Performs related clerical tasks including answering phones, scheduling appointments and providing information other departments.
- Assists in obtaining insurance prior authorizations.
32-40 hours/week will be accomplished Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am-5pm. Rotating late shift and Saturdays. Location:
Iowa River Landing Rotations:
Late shift and Saturday rotations Merit Pay Plan:
https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/merit-alpha-matrix Benefits Highlights:
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. For more information, click here. About:
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care-Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care-Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.
For more information about Why Iowa?, click here. Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or completion of a recognized one year Medical Assistant Program, or Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP, graduation from a college with institutional accreditation by regional or national accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or LPN licensure is required.
- Medical Terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must complete the application entirely to show that they clearly meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Submitting a Resume and marking it as a "Relevant File" under the submissions is desired.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10
calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. If applicable, internal references will be conducted with approval from the candidate.This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
For additional questions, please contactAlene Johnson at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Alene Johnson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org