Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or completion of a recognized one-year Medical Assistant program ; OR
- Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program (including but not limited to): pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology, and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet University Fleet Safety Program requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience providing direct patient care in, or demonstrated knowledge of, cardiovascular services.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days.This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: UI Heart and Vascular Center HR
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org