Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates true engagement and enthusiasm to contribute toward the care delivery needs for patients and families.
• Promotes an inclusive environment supportive of patient and family centered care for a diverse community.
• Accepts assignments for patient care within the scope of his/her preparation and within current standards of practice. In conjunction with a Licensed Independent Provider (LIP) , LPN or RN, participates in the gathering of data that contributes to the assessment, planning, and evaluation of care delivered.
• Collaborates as a member of the health care team, contributing toward a supportive and therapeutic environment that promotes the attainment of patient goals that are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and timely.
• Accurately obtains vital signs, elicits information about the patient's basic health status, administers relevant care within scope of practice and as directed by the LIP/LPN/RN, and documents as appropriate in the electronic health record.
• Facilitate Virtual Visits including connecting visits between patient and provider.
• Arrive patients and initiate virtual Intake.
• Performs routine tests that may include but are not limited to: electrocardiograms, vision and hearing screening, and the collection of specimens for laboratory testing and point of care.
• Participates in team-based care and patient education initiatives to support the health and wellness of patients in conjunction with the LIP/LPN/RN. Reinforces patient instruction as directed by LIP/LPN/RN.
• Participates in organizational and unit-based quality improvement initiatives and compliance readiness.
• Participates in telephone screening of patients; may provide instruction to patient when directed by the LIP/LPN/RN.
• Participates in prescription management tasks including pending of new prescriptions and renewals requiring LIP
approval, prior authorizations and medication reconciliation.
• Following approved clinical practice guidelines (CPG's) and workflows, sends appropriate orders for radiology,
laboratory testing and other care needs requiring LIP authorization.
• All other clinical duties as assigned.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer and transfer telephone calls.
• Schedule and register patients for appointments/procedures, confirm appointments/procedures, prepare for patient
visit by providing patient with all necessary information and completing all necessary tasks.
• Receive patient at arrival, verify and obtain all necessary information, and ensure forms are completed.
• Ensure all billing/fiscal information is completed and submitted after visit, including collection and daily
reconciliation of any co-payments.
• Assist with special projects as directed.
• Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
• Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
• Appropriately utilizes organizational resources including management of time, supplies, equipment and other assets.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED.
Some college or Associate's Degree. Batchelor's Degree is highly preferred.
Must have medical assistant experience.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.