Merakey is looking for a Medical Records Clerk to join our Parkside, Drug and Alcohol, Behavioral Health Team in Philadelphia.
The Medical Records Clerk provides administrative assistance and performs general office functions as related to overall program operations
• Adhere to Federal and State guidelines and agency policies for confidentiality. Uphold these directives via, keeping unauthorized persons out of records room, keeping records room locked when unattended and releasing information only after review by management
• Conducts clinical chart audits for all active and discharge records as requested by management
• Comprehensive record review includes but is not limited to state compliance for completions and accuracy in admission information, financial and managed care information, clinical assessment, treatment information, medical information, correspondence, and other general chart findings
• Assists the supervisor in annual processing, storage/filing systems of active and discharge records, service management activity logs, char creation/maintenance, and card filing systems.
• Receive and process with the appropriate release of information all medical record requests from internal and external sources including the faxing and mailing out of all requested records and/or information. Assist with special requests for records per research or clinical needs.
• Assist supervisor in conducting in service training for existing staff and training new staff regarding completion and processing of records forms.
• Monitor treatment plans for state compliance.
• Complete data entry as required.
• Monitor and complete requests for release of information in accordance with company, state and federal guidelines.
• Uphold and support the department/agency mission, philosophy and values for service and general standard for professional manner and conduct.
• May perform other related duties, when required or assigned to include but not limited to the daily maintenance and repair of damaged client records.
• Adhere to all QCO and HIPAA requirements.
• Regularly assesses:
• staff work time required to accomplish assigned tasks and job responsibilities.
• where applicable, service volume, accounting for assessed level of needs of new and current clients and referrals.
• standards of best practice, where they exist. (Code of conduct and Integrity Handbook).
• All other duties as assigned as it relates to the position
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
• Work/Life Balance
• Competitive Compensation Plans
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
• Life Insurance
• 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
• Marketplace Savings Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Programs
• 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
• Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
• The Center for Hope
• Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
• Parents and Children Together (PACT)
• Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
• Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
• Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
• Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
• Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
• Case Management / Recovery Coaching
• Community Health Liaison (CHL)
• Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
• Crisis Intervention
• Substance Use Disorder Services
• Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
• Family Based Mental Health Services
• Therapeutic Family Care
• Foster Care Plus
• Peer Support
• Student Assistance Program (SAP)
• Supported Employment
• Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit: https://www.merakey.org/services-behavioral-health.html
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
• Must possess High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Must possess 2 years clerical experience in filing, typing, and office organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Half Moon Bay, California
Posted about 10 hours ago
San Bernardino, California
Posted about 6 hours ago
Los Angeles, California
Posted about 6 hours ago