The Music Therapist engages with individual adults on the inpatient behavioral health unit and groups through therapeutic music activities. Music Therapy is a healthcare profession that utilizes the unique qualities of music to establish connections, address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs, and improve quality of life. Music therapy interventions can be designed to promote wellness, manage stress, alleviate pain, express feelings, and improve communications.
This position reports to the Coordinator of Group and Counseling Programs and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- MT-BC Music Therapist Board Certified Credential required
- Experience in a psychiatric setting preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated positive attitude in regard to Cooley Dickinson Hospital and its patient population and services provided required
- De-escalation training required within 30 days of hire or transfer into department
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.
This job has expired.