Job ID: 217751
Location: COLORADO SPRINGS , CO , US
Date Posted: 2021-06-02
Subcategory: Military Operations
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
This role supports the Space Warfighting Analysis Center (SWAC) Security and Defense Program (SSDP) in planning, developing and implementing experiments and exercises to enhance the National Security Space Enterprise. This includes objectives and script development, internal/external coordination of simulated and live activities, white cell support, and After-Action activities working with partner organizations such as USSTRATCOM, Service Components, NRO, HQ AFSPC, HQ JFSCC, and the NSDC.
The position will be responsible for developing new tactics, techniques, and procedures for current and future capabilities to include writing template orders and other documentation that will enable units to incorporate these TTPs into operating procedures. The role will also, assist in developing and implementing simulation capabilities that will be used in operational- and tactical- level scenarios to validate and refine TTPs.
Desired salary range: $125,000 to $150,000
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 10 years' relevant experience in national security space operations.
- OSD and/or Joint Staff and/or Air Staff experience (Organizations and processes)
- Experience engaging COCOMS
- Knowledge of Programming and Budgeting process within the DoD space portfolio
- Experience integrating space systems and capabilities into a military context with understanding of how fielding of space capabilities can advance joint concepts
- Experience supporting S&T roadmaps for DoD, integrating detailed information on technology development efforts from multiple stakeholders to guide future technology investment decisions.
- Previous experience in engineering, analysis of alternatives, integration, requirements, and testing.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility within last 12 months
- Experience working with Special Access Programs within the last 12 months
Exquisite ability to apply experience to advanced concepts and non-linear design thinking across system and architectural levels
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.