Job ID: 217760
Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-24
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is looking for an Azure Network Engineer to join our team supporting the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). The ideal candidate will have experience in complex MPLS environments supporting fast-paced business operations, working with systems including Cisco, Cisco Prime Microsoft Azure, and others. Demonstrated proficiency with MPLS concepts, VOIP commands, and concepts, and Azure Cloud is highly preferred.
Responsible for deploying and maintaining Azure networking resources such as Azure Express route, VNets, Address space allocation, subnetting, Network security groups, Network gateways, VNet peering, Network Virtual Appliances, Firewalls, Azure load balancers, Azure Front door, Network monitoring tools and Security monitoring tools.
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Routers, and Firewalls (FirePOWER experience a plus)
- 5+ years of progressive experience in IT operations roles including on-call
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Must have hands on experience with Azure Express Route Peering
Proficiency with Cisco IOS commands, router and switch setups, IOS backup, and recovery.
- Sound knowledge of Routing Protocol Configurations, Standard Access-list, Extended Access-list configuration, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) concepts, Voice over IP (VoIP), OSI 7 Layer Model, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP.
- Familiarity with OSPF and EIGRP, the experience of IP addressing, administrating subnets and various routing models
- Experience with Cisco Prime/ISE and MS devices
- Implementation of HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, MRTG and Syslog
- Experience of implementing SNMP on various devices
- Set up and configuration of remote access solutions such as Cisco AnyConnect and site-to-site VPN
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Microsoft Azure environments
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.