Network Field Engineer - ENG001519
This role covers the Springfield, Willard, Republic, Mt Vernon, Joplin, Carl Junction and Carthage area of Missouri
Maintain wireless base station equipment for optimum system performance. Respond to on-demand call-outs in a timely fashion to restore equipment to service within prescribed timeframes and ensure maximum system availability. Perform duties in support of network expansion to ensure new and upgraded equipment is operating to meet performance criteria within prescribed timeframes. Maintain cell site equipment for optimum system performance. The Network Field Engineer job scope is broadened to be more team focused (leading team projects, mentoring others and being an authority (SME) in various job related areas).
- Responsible for assuring the health and care of the remote base station equipment. Remote equipment includes but not limited to the following; BTS equipment, cell site routers, power bays, batteries, generators, microwave radios, antennas, and associated network equipment!
- Perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance including night work and 24 hour emergency call out. Monitor cell site, network and system performance statistics daily.
- Complete required administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner!
- Maintain company resources such as site inventory, tools, vehicle, test equipment and spares to insure proper operation and availability.
- Receive, investigate, resolve and track customer trouble tickets as the need arises.
- Recognize areas for procedural and process improvement and be able to recommend/develop necessary changes to implement on a region/company wide basis and possess the ability to write and comprehend technical documents/papers supporting the maintenance of the network.
- Mentor and assist teammates by providing advanced technical knowledge and experience to resolve challenging troubles and strengthen the team.
- Provide mentoring (training and guidance) for other developing associates.
- Drive specifically assigned projects to meet team initiatives and expectations.
- Act and make decisions independently or autonomously.
- Provide field support for new cell construction in the following areas: on site supervision, equipment delivery coordination, path alignment coordination, equipment installation, cell integration, and cell optimization.
- Use alternate means of transportation to access cell sites when appropriate (walk, ATV's, snowmobiles, helicopters, etc. - only applies in specific circumstances).
- Travel required as needed.
#LI-LD1Associate Degree in Electronics/Computer Science or equivalent work/military experience is preferred or; 3-5 years' experience in related industry.High level of expertise or experience in a broad telecom environment expected.Ability to understand, operate, calibrate, and interpret the test results for the various test equipment such as: T1 tester, Power meter, Air Interface System Analyzer, Interference Detection and Location Analyzer, RF line analyzer, Conductivity meter, Earth Ground Resistivity meter, etc.Ability to manage time effectively with little or no supervision.Ability to lead technical projects involving larger team.Ability to provide instruction and training (mentor) others on cell site equipment, maintenance procedures and processes.Demonstrated ability of solid oral & written communications skills.Ability to understand the Dynamic Organization and embrace the values and behaviors in everyday job, and be an active participant in supporting and moving the culture forward.Valid driver's license and good driving record.Establish and maintain DOT certification.Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.Related experience in computer operations, switching, and radio or data communications preferred and must be flexible to report to work site location in a specified geographic territory within 35 minutes or as instructed by leadership to provide support as needed.Related experience in computer operations, switching, and radio or data communications preferred. Job
: Engineering Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.