Compensation: $24.37 (LPN)/$33.00 (RN)
Due to rapid expansion in all of our clinics, we are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus. We are eager to be able to continue to serve clients in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Nurse LPN/RN at our Crisis Center Stabilization Center provides direct and indirect patient care in the local Crisis Stabilization Center in a psychiatric capacity. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to individuals experiencing behavioral crisis. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team to provide patient/family education. This position is for weekend nights, working Saturday/Sunday/12 hours shifts.
Responsibilities of the Crisis Center Nurse:
• Performs nursing care such as health assessments, pain assessments, vital signs, applying dressings and general daily care of individuals who present at the Crisis Stabilization Center
• Performs all duties of medication administration including medication pass, injections, and observing self-administration of medication
• Manages medications including completing the MAR, updating the MAR and counting controlled substances
• Provides patient education regarding physical health and medications
• Coordinates care with staff, residents, family, physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals and pharmacies
• Reports and records observable changes in individual’s behavior, attitude and physical condition
• Assists staff with various diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Provides education on procedures and protocols to new employees
• Participates in team and leadership meetings as assigned
• Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
• Possesses cognitive, organizational and emotional abilities and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations
• Provides direct patient care to adults
• Requires working with patients who could be verbally or physically agitated
• Participates in mandatory overtime (if/when needed)
• Associate’s degree in nursing required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
At least one year of psychiatric experience; experience in a hospital or acute care setting preferred
LPN or RN (valid in MO) required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.