Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-GNY) is an anti-poverty organization that seeks to end homelessness in the New York metropolitan area by the year 2050. We focus our continuum of care to address the most prevalent causes of homelessness: (1) lack of affordable housing; (2) unmet health needs, including but not limited to mental health and substance use; and (3) lack of jobs that create wealth. In each of these areas we strive to incorporate strategies that address issues of racial equity. We know that our clients are confronting longstanding barriers to accessing quality housing, healthcare, and employment. Our programs are designed to ensure that our clients do not have to face these challenges alone.
Now in our second century of serving those in need, VOA-GNY understands what it takes to heal families and individuals who are in crisis and have experienced trauma. We operate and provide services in emergency shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing for close to 11,000 men, women and children through 65 programs located in New York City, Northern New Jersey, and Westchester annually. We are one of the largest providers of services to families and individuals experiencing homelessness in the Greater New York area, serving survivors of domestic violence, people living with HIV/AIDS, veterans, and others who have behavioral health or substance use needs. Many of VOA-Greater New York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC.
"Successful applicants must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before their start date with VOA-GNY, unless you have been approved by VOA-GNY for a medical or religious exception to this requirement."
Position: Nurse-LPN (WLS758)
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, monitor and maintain the health and safety of all residents and provide medical intervention as needed.
New York State LPN license plus two (2) years of related experience in the mental health field. Valid state driver's license with a safe driving record that meets agency standards.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Perform assessment of residents and update Registered Nurse as needed for additional care.
2. Dispense medication and document in medication administration (MAR).
3. Provide hands on care to improve the health of residents.
4. Maintain health records as required by funders and other organizations from which programs receives accreditation (CARF, DOC).
5. Assist the Registered Nurse in conducting and implementing health related training for residents and staff.
6. Assist with the coordination and implementation of health initiatives for residents.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. All residents will receive quality services as needed.
2. Ensure residents receive medical treatment prescribed by a medical doctor.
3. Residents needing assessments are evaluated and the appropriate care will be provided or the resident is referred to outside medical facility.
4. All regulatory guidelines will be met.
5. Ensure that staff receives information related to resident's health.
6. Establish linkages for health care and monitoring of serious health conditions within the community.
7. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office and residential shelter environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or vendors. This position requires sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full - time position.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
Bronx, New York
Posted 21 minutes ago
Bronx, New York
Posted 20 minutes ago
Bronx, New York
Posted 11 minutes ago