Nursing Assistant role available in the Emergency Department, Main Campus for 24 hours per week, Night Shift, benefits eligible.
Shifts: 10p-6a three nights per week, every other weekend.
The Nurse Assistant knows and understands the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Patient Services. Under supervision of the professional nurse, the Nursing Assistant provides basic nursing care to assigned patients.
- Clinical and psychological intervention is appropriate with respect to the age and developmental stage.
- Contributes to a safe and comfortable patient environment.
- Answers patients' call lights in a timely manner.
- Distributes linen, makes beds and changes linens as needed.
- Provides complete hygienic care to patients as needed
- Obtain as assigned, T.P.R., B.P., height, weight, S & A's and records in appropriate areas.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to assigned patients which include positioning, lifting, turning and ambulating patients utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Complete errands as assigned; anticipate patient's needs
- Support and reinforce with patient the specific limitations outlined by staff nurse in the patient profile
- Transport patient to and from specific areas as necessary and as assigned.
- Assists in meeting the nutritional needs of patients (i.e. feeds patient).
- Maintains basic principles of infection control.
- Inform staff nurse of patient condition and significant changes to assist the nurse in updating the nursing care plan and provide accurate documentation in the patient record.
- Maintains cleanliness and order in the utility room (clean & dirty).
- Picks up and distributes mail, flowers and packages to patients.
- Reports patient complaints or problems to the assigned nurse at appropriate intervals during the shift.
- Practices telephone courtesy and communicate appropriate information to patients, visitors and personnel from other departments.
- Acts independently, when appropriate and accepts direction and guidance as necessary.
- Reads communication book, email and interdepartmental memos.
- Reports for work on time and gives adequate notice of absenteeism or tardiness.
- Performs additional duties and tasks as requested by a nurse when assignment is completed.
- Is flexible and receptive to change.
- Accepts constructive feedback and strives to make improvements.
- Assures the privacy and confidentiality of patients.
- Provide evidence of attendance and certification in annual mandatory education.
- High School or equivalent (GED)
- Completion of a program for Licensed Nursing Assistant is preferred
- Previous work experience in a health care setting or relevant education
- Previous nursing assistant, hospital experience preferred
- Exceptional patient care abilities
- Ability to cooperate and assist as needed to ensure patient is exceptionally cared for
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
This job has expired.