Department: Office of Community-Engaged Learning Student
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 06/01/2023
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS382P
Pay Rate: $19.20 per hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Office Specialist supports the activities of the Office of Community-Engaged Learning (OCEL), reporting to the Director of Community-Engaged Learning and working closely with the Assistant Director. The Office Specialist manages the day-to-day operations of the OCEL, maintains the Office's registration process and record keeping, assists in managing the financial activities of the Office, supervises OCEL student workers, and coordinates travel for Community-Engaged Learning. This position interacts regularly with a variety of constituents including: students, faculty, community partners, administrators, and staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the OCEL
- Provide general office support reception by responding to inquiries by phone, email, and in-person
- Establish and maintain accurate record-keeping systems for CEL course registration, CEL Agreement Forms, transportation requests, evaluation forms, etc.
- Develop proficiency working in automation software, Zapier, to create, maintain, and troubleshoot processes including: CEL registration, transportation, form submissions, record keeping, and file organization on Google Drive.
- Oversee timely processing of OCEL's financial transactions utilizing appropriate WorkDay processes
- Support with the management and reconciling of the OCEL's budget
- Purchase office supplies and process payments
- Hire, train, and supervise roughly 12 OCEL's student drivers and office assistants
- Manage the OCEL's transportation calendar and services
- Reserve campus spaces for department events
- Coordinate with the Registrar's Office, Dean of Studies Office, Safety and Security, and other off-campus partners.
- Coordinate larger OCEL events by overseeing the promotion, catering, event space set-up, logistics, favors, and decorations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- At least three to five years of administrative support experience in an office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, time management, and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess strong computer skills including Google suite, MS Suite, Canva, and FileMaker.
- Experience with navigating new software, problem-solving and creating online resources (web pages, social media, etc.) is especially helpful
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work, maintain efficient recordkeeping systems, and independently problem-solve is essential.
- Skill in budget management systems, with knowledge of WorkDay preferred.
- Experience working with community-based organizations is desirable.
- Associates degree (or higher) preferred.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.For full consideration applicants should apply by: All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/3267
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.