This driver will transport, remove, deliver, and collect various liquid and solid hazardous wastes from various customer sites. Will be required to load and unload trucks. They will also have the ability to operate a variety of truck and equipment including vacuum trucks, box trucks, and any other equipment that fits their license on site if necessary.
• Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations.
• Familiarity and experience working with government documents such as manifests.
• Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness.
• Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration and weights and dimensions.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
• Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, manifests etc. by manual or electronic means.
• Communicate effectively with the public, customers, and co-workers both verbally and in written form.
• Loading and unloading of trucks.
• Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
• Deliver to product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
• Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
• Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems.
• Train others when required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• High School diploma minimum.
• Certification from recognized Truck Driving School.
• Valid Commerical Drivers License - CDL B required
• Overtime as required.
• Weekend work may be required, on call schedule in effect on weekly basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities.
• Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
• High level of personal integrity.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Confident, consistent decisive personality.
• Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift 75+ lbs required.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our