We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
The Operational Risk Analyst is responsible for coordinating and organizing various risk management development and data collection efforts, risk assessment process, policy and procedure review as they relate to overall risk management. Specific job requirements vary and are set forth by the associate's manager to uphold risk management expectations.
- The Operational Risk Analyst II is responsible for working with the lines of business for coordinating and organizing various risk management development and data collection efforts, as well as facilitating the open issue tracking and risk assessment process. The ORA II is responsible for projects and initiatives to improve the overall operational compliance of the company.
- Reviews the bank's policies and procedures as they relate to overall risk management framework.
- Develops procedures for identifying, analyzing, summarizing and reporting operational loss events in accordance with established loss definitions
- Summarizes results of control reviews in a reportable format for further analysis and review
- Maintains the risk management database used for tracking risk events and open issues
- Assists in the insurance tracking and claims process
- Performs analytical review techniques, including scenario analysis, to identify potential issues with the intent to determine root cause behind issues and ensure corrective action
- Produces and distributes reports for the Enterprise Risk Management Committee and Board of Directors
- Effectively plan and lead risk based process mapping sessions with the lines of businesses to create process workflows, identify risk and controls, test and validate controls effectiveness.
- Build and maintain effective business relations with the lines of business to support their programs as an operational risk partner.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
- 5-7 years previous bank-related experience
- Very High oral and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact with internal clients and Regulators and auditors as needed
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in regards to regulatory changes
- Bachelor's degree
- Computer proficiency, specifically in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
Level of Complexity and Scope:
- Solves a range of problems, from straight forward to moderately complex, by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Applies subject matter knowledge while performing less structured, somewhat complicated work assignments.
- Collaborates with more senior level roles on project or manages small to mid-size projects
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
- Works independently.
- Receives minimal guidance and direction.
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally stands, walks and drives.
- Frequently sits.
Development and Training (Optional):
- Required computer based online course, as determined and assigned through the year
- External courses-only after online learning resources are completed and then as determined with Supervisor approval
- Operational Risk related seminars and activities as determined by the Supervisor//Description//
- Annual compliance requirements for BVS
- Conferences-Webex Training through RMA or Operational Risk related industry updates
- Additional training related to specific projects, for example Business Continuity, Insurance, Model Risk Management
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
This job has expired.