Join our Logistics & Distribution Team at Helen of Troy as a Operations Specialist and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
What You'll Be Doing: As a Operations Specialist you are responsible for Operational support in various departments and functions. You will support Operations by performing general warehouse duties which may include moving, organizing, and restocking inventory and processing returns. Operations Specialist will consistently demonstrate strong competency with WMS system and standard warehouse operations. You will be required to maintain a safe, neat, and orderly work area that is adequately stocked with supplies. Along with recommendations of process improvement to Management and assist in implementation of process change when appropriate.
Operations Specialist Key Responsibilities:
Requirements for Consideration:
- Load and unload containers/trailers
- Receive, inspect, and check accuracy of incoming products
- Support and help maintain accurate inventory of stock Operate forklifts and other heavy machinery as needed
- Verify orders
- Support training initiatives for workforce associates
- Perform all job requirements in a safe efficient manner
- Promote company objectives and goals and be a role model for co-workers
- Work directly with Management to troubleshoot problems or issues that can get in the way of efficient supply chain management
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or 1-2 years related experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good math and reading skills
- Good problem-solving, organizing, and coordinating skills
- Good physical skills, as distribution specialists need to bend, lift, and reach items most of the time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stock and organize products safely and accordingly, as some items are fragile
- Ability to handle/transport heavy items with the use of manual or mechanical handling machinery
- Ability to organize and clean work stations promptly
- Ability to work well with a team and Management
- Ability to review and process shipping documentation
- Ability to help with process/logistics improvement efforts
- Ability to follow the safety rules and regulations as warranted by OSHA
- Ability to follow and adhere to company rules and guidelines
- Ability to withstand warehouse settings (varying temperatures)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000 #LI-DNP.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.