If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for an Ophthalmic Imager 2 with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Florida.
The Ophthalmic Imager 2 prepares proper documentation in the EMR system and performs ocular diagnostic testing using specialized instrumentation in compliance with department standards.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Performs supervised ocular diagnostic testing using specialty specific imaging instruments, document procedures, and upload images in the electronic medical record.
- Performs diagnostic testing including but not limited to color fundus photography, fluorescein angiography, ICG (Indocyanine Green) angiography, optical coherence tomography, automated perimetry, manual perimetry, slit lamp photography, gonio photography, external photography, ocular motility photography.
- Provides patient-centric care.
- Complies with regulations and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Ensures best practices of patient safety, hand hygiene, and infection control.
- Completes University of Miami mandatory in-services and online training.
- Attends educational courses for ophthalmic personnel when assigned.
- Participates in assigned clinical research and maintain required certifications.
- Explains imaging procedures to patients and provides guided instruction during imaging.
- Demonstrates high quality of work through accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and thoroughness.
- Manages daily productivity goals. Performs organization duties as designated.
- Assists with maintaining and calibrating equipment and ensures instrumentation is in proper working order.
- Organizes and stock rooms for daily clinical activities.
- Assist with training of visiting imaging technicians, residents, fellows, and faculty members.
- Conducts imaging presentations with residents, fellows, and faculty members.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
COA Certification, CRA (Certified Retinal Angiographer), OCT-C (Certified Optical Coherence Tomography) preferred
Minimum 3 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.