A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Packaging Supervisor will monitor and direct the activities of ISO 13485 Packaging environment which deals with requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide medical devices and related services that consistently meet customer requirements and regulatory requirements applicable to medical devices and related services. This also includes using ERP systems such as SAP to monitor productivity, inventory accuracy, quality, customer supply, and safety. Responsible for training, mentoring and motivating employees. The Supervisor will establish performance standards, monitor employees' performances against those standards, and appropriately communicate evaluations of performances to employees. Also, responsible for the identification and implementation of system and/or process enhancements involving filling operations using automated and semi-automated equipment. The Supervisor will need to be looking forward in terms innovation and technology improvements for operations.
Who You Are:Minimum Requirements:
- Supervise the deparment under direction of the department manager.
- Participate in talent selection process.
- Engage in performance management and discussions to retain and develop employees.
- Resolve and maintain employee relations through effective communication for the area including team meetings and daily interaction.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to staff.
- Ensure company safety, work and housekeeping standards.
- Evaluate processes and methods, recommends and implements measures to enahnce safety.
- Ensure employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Recognize and initiates near-miss reports.
- Complete accident/incident investigation reports within required time.
- Conduct audits for compliance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Provide feedback for both safe and unsafe actions.
- Review and revise departmental SOPs
- Monitor resources daily and schedules workload and staff accordingly for packaging operations.
- Distribute work assignements based upon resource evaluations.
- Maintain required documentaiton including unit records, productivity, and activity reports.
- Lead, initiate, promote and actively participate in enhancement initiatives.
- Facilitiate participation from direct reports with process improvement projects.
- Represent department during internal and external audits.
- Research and recommend equipment including capital improvement projects and provide financial justification.
- Exercise judgement within defined practices and policies and selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Mentor, train and develop staff on new or existing processes and/or procedures.
- Operate powered material handling equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Chemistry, Biology, or Business OR 3+ years of leadership experience with Packaging Operations in GMP quality systems
- 3+ years' experience in SAP experience or ERP experience
- Operations experience in a Chemical Manufacturing environment
What we offer:
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, SAP, NCR, EDOC and other internal systems which affect overall inventory accuracy and material movement processes.
- Excellent time management and communication (verbal, listening, and written) skills.
- General knowledge of process improvement techniques and basic change concepts.
- Knowledge of hazardous storage, and shipping regulations.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Improvements, DMAIC, PDSA and 5S techniques.
- Problem solving capabilities, able to think quickly and make quick rational decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Fishbone, RACI, or similar tools for root cause analysis investigations.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 213414
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.