RADIO-TELEVISION SERVICES (BL-RTVS-IUBLA)
Indiana University-Radio/Television Services, WTIU Public Television, and WFIU Public Radio serve south-central Indiana, producing a wide range of radio, television programs for local, state, and national distribution, as well as many non-broadcast productions for the university and community. For more information click here.
Department Specific Responsibilitites
- The News Videographer will primarily shoot and edit video for broadcast in WTIU newscasts and for distribution online.
- As a multi-media journalist, will also be required to work independently and cover events while fulfilling both the role of photographer and reporter. These assignments must be completed by deadline for radio, TV and online.
- The News Videographer generates video content TV newscasts.
- Produces daily and feature-length stories for broadcast on WFIU / WTIU and distribution online.
- Attends daily story meetings and pitches story ideas.
- Bachelor's degree (or degree in progress) in journalism, telecommunication, or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in a broadcast and/or journalism field.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATESRequired
- Possess a valid driver's license with the ability to be insured by Indiana University.
- In-depth understanding of journalistic principles, particularly as they apply to public media.
- Hands-on experience in writing, reporting, editing, production and on-air delivery in radio and TV and for the web.
- Ability to produce a television or radio news story from conception to broadcast.
- Experience working with multi-platform technologies and the ability to adapt material to a variety of platforms while adhering to AP style guidelines.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced 24/7/365 news environment.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Familiarity with public broadcasting. Experience with AVID editing software.
This role requires the ability to move equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
The pay rate for this position is $12 per hour.Work Hours
Must be available to work some evenings and weekends on short notice.Job Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us