ADMISSIONS ORG (BL-ADMS-IUBLA)
The Office of Admissions is the front-facing department to the public for undergraduate recruitment for the Indiana University Bloomington campus. The Office of Admissions is responsible for recruiting the freshman class each year, counseling prospective students and their families about the admissions process, providing accurate information to the public about our recruiting requirements and standards, and marketing Indiana University Bloomington.
- Assists with the enhancement of the visitor experience at the Ernie Pyle Welcome Center (this is a front facing position).
- Interacts with prospective college students and their families and assists with guest check in, answering questions from prospective and admitted students and their families and assists with events programs, campus tours and special group presentations.
- Assists with the quality control of campus visits and coordination of special group visits and tours, participates in special projects as assigned and contributes to ongoing research, benchmarking and special projects related to recruitment.
- Currently enrolled as a student at Indiana University.
WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced, complex customer service area.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Proven ability to perform various tasks simultaneously with consistently high accuracy while dealing with the public in a high volume, high stress environment.
- Ability to exert a consistent positive temperament with continuous public interaction.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to resolve both administrative and procedural problems.
- Ability to exert initiative, reliability, flexibility, and positive attitude while handling stressful situations and confidential information and materials.
- Ability to exhibit competence, patience, and tact in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the university's admissions requirements.
- Knowledge of the university's academic programs and academic record keeping systems.
- Working knowledge of IU systems and policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills using a variety of mediums, keyboarding skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and other tools, office equipment, and resources.
Ernie Pyle Welcome CenterJob Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Student
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us