Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for a part-time Wastewater Operator in Lexington, NC. Who are we? We are ECT2, a subsidiary of Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,000 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road-we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us. We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
The part-time Wastewater Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining a variety of plant equipment in connection with the continuous operation of the facility. Responsibilities will include performing routine maintenance, upgrading and improving equipment around the facility, maintaining facility records and other miscellaneous tasks at the site. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating independently in a remote location and a demanding environment, while working collaboratively with the team on site. This role is part-time, expected 20 hours per week.
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks at the site, including working with the team to upgrade facility systems, equipment and infrastructure.
- Perform and direct activities to ensure that codes, standards, and water treatment objectives are met whilebeing environmentally conscious.
- Perform routine maintenance duties and carry out requests from supervisor; also perform minor building maintenance, grounds maintenance, cleaning and custodial duties.
- Start, stop and regulate electric motors, pumps, air compressors and other related equipment.
- Read meters, gauges, and other control and measuring devices; maintain records of facility operations.
- Collect samples for laboratory testing as necessary; analyze, understand and compute lab sample results in order to improve plant performance and keep in optimum operation.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols for the site.
- May assist with implementing techniques and methods of process control that will increase plant and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participates in Company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Perform daily process activities utilizing a full Program logic control system design built for water and vapor treatment system.
- Available for occasional off-hour remote monitoring and call-ins to troubleshoot treatment system performance in the event of equipment failure or unforeseen shut-downs (including weekends).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of wastewater/industrial plant or waste-to-energy facility operations experience, or related work experience
- Working knowledge of low pressure steam boilers, water treatment equipment, and control systems
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Google and/or PC programs
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e., self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Prior electrical and/or mechanical experience
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
SCHEDULE AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour
- Experience with saturated steam and superheated steam
The schedule and essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, this position may require the individual to work rotating shift assignments, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed. Standby and on-call duty is required, and the individual must be able to respond to the facility within one hour. Some shifts will require working alone.
- Must have the ability to lift 50-60 pounds using Company provided equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.