Plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises the day-to-day activities of the hourly employees in the shipping/receiving, inspection and inventory departments. Oversees all aspects of outbound shipments to customers that occur, including UPS and LTL shipments. Responsible for inventory reconciliation, cycle counting, and inventory reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises, coordinates and trains activities and procedures of hourly staff.
- Works closely with common inbound carriers to resolve issues and assure quality of performance.
- Ensures outbound shipments are prepared and shipped on time and accurately.
- Maintains an orderly receiving dock to allow for safe operations and to meet stock put-away objectives.
- Assists in processing hazardous shipping documents. Must obtain and remain current with Hazardous Shippers Certification.
- Works directly with Parts Inventory Control to ensure inbound prioritization requests are met.
- Interfaces with team members daily and acts as the first line of command in resolving problems, coaching and counseling, maintaining efficient, orderly workflow and a safe working environment.
- Maintains reports on labor, accuracy, productivity, SOX, compliance and other related reporting.
- Complies with all required Employment Laws and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Assesses efficiencies of labor, set up, processes, etc., in a continued effort to identify and communicate cost reduction opportunities.
- Utilizes SAP, QlikView, and supporting systems skills for efficient operations
- Creates and maintains an environment that promotes safety for people and processes.
- Provides timely positive and constructive feedback on performance.
- Provides back up support/shift coverage for supervisors on varying shifts during vacations, illness, or as needed.
- Supports HR and Operations Manager with investigations, disciplinary processes, attendance, and various other areas of personnel management.
- All other special projects and tasks as assigned by management.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; minimal education high school diploma and three (3) years' warehouse/distribution experience
- Experience in managing, coaching, and motivating others
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution operation desired
- Highly self-motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently, attend to details and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible, adaptable and change priorities in a fast paced work environment of a seasonal business, allowing for optimum effectiveness
- Ability to anticipate problems and take necessary action to minimize likelihood and impact of problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including listening and offering positive and constructive feedback
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds at all levels of organization and work with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to overcome obstacles using positive facilitation, teamwork, and influence through building and maintaining relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in solving difficult tasks
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, QlikView, Transportation Management System, and CMS
- This position takes place on 3rd shift 10:00pm-7:00am Sunday - Thursday
- Ability to move throughout the warehouse and work in an office setting
- Warehouse setting with moving equipment
- May support through coaching and supervising up to30 direct reports
- Directly report to Manager, Distribution Center
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.