We are seeking a Patient Diagnosis Liaison (PDL) who is responsible for identifying and educating HCPs who diagnose and care for patients with rare diseases through face-to-face disease education. PDL responsibilities include calling on identified targets with a goal of speaking directly with the physician about rare diseases and helping HCPs understand how to recognize signs and symptoms of relevant rare diseases. The PDL will capture and maintain data within a CRM system. Additional responsibilities for this role include identifying referral patterns as patients proceed along their diagnostic journey. This field-based position requires a tenacious professional with established personal and scientific credibility to interact with clinicians in institutions and community-based offices.
This is your opportunity to join Ashfield Engage and represent an innovative biotechnology company!
What's in it for you?
What will you be doing?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability & life insurance, employee discounts/promotions
- Generous performance-driven Incentive Compensation package
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests and coveted awards
- Exceptional company culture
- Recognized as a Top Workplace USA 2021
What do you need for this position?
- Maintain comprehensive clinical knowledge of assigned therapeutic areas, and evolving clinical landscape.
- Possess great field skills such that you can obtain access to all types of HCPs and offices/institutions.
- Curious and interested in learning about the disease of many rare diseases - must possess great clinical acumen.
- Serve as point of contact for target physician offices within a defined geographic territory with self-directed territory management and travel to ensure that targets are reached in an efficient manner.
- Create pre-call plan execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve performance. Effectively handle objections, concerns and consistently gain insights in order to identify HCP treaters of assigned rare diseases.
- Perform duties around territory management and upkeep of CRM system, ensuring data accuracy.
- Increase disease awareness related to targeted physicians and accurately document findings appropriately in the CRM.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams.
- Attend and complete all training courses and related competency assessments required, to an appropriate standard and within a specified timeframe.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as required to support business needs.
- Maintain all company equipment and materials in accordance with company instructions.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Field based position will require 4-5 days/week in the field
- Some overnight travel will be required, depending on the territory.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
About Ashfield Engage
- At least 5 years of field experience
- A clinical degree such as RN, PharmD, PhD, MD, etc. or advanced scientific or medical degree such as MS is required.
- 5-10 years in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or healthcare industry preferred.
- Relentless motivation to assist HCPs in diagnosing patients with rare disease patients through face-to-face disease education, diagnostic testing and other tools.
- High clinical acumen
- Passionate drive to help rare disease patients obtain a beneficial diagnosis.
- Relevant experience in the rare disease space is beneficial.
Ashfield Engage, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Commercial, Patient Solutions, Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Event Experiences to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield Engage, visit us at: https://ashfieldengage.com/
Ashfield Engage is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ashfield Engage is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.
This job has expired.