Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe St. Baltimore MD, 21287
The Patient Safety Specialist collaborates across departments and throughout the JHH to assess and promote a culture of patient safety. The Patient Safety Specialist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and/ or evaluating patient safety principles and practices throughout Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Patient Safety Specialist facilitates training with departments and stakeholders in order to achieve the safe delivery of patient care. The Patient Safety Specialist must develop strong, professional relationships with all members of the interdisciplinary care team and collaborate with leadership and staff to facilitate the successful integration of patient safety principles into current and future practice.
Requires active matriculation in a Master's degree in Nursing. Completion of the Master's degree must be completed within 18 months of hire into the job.
Minimum of 5 years clinical experience; with at least 2 years of leadership participation in CUSP methodologies, and/or program/project management. Experience in performance improvement and/or team facilitation preferred. Experience in dealing with health care operations preferred.
- Knowledge of the Science of Patient Safety, high reliability, and just culture.
- Knowledge of change theories
- Clinical Knowledge of the population of responsibility based upon practical and theoretical knowledge.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to acute care health facilities.
- Ability to prioritize in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and other desktop applications is required.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate the activities of multiple disciplines to influence and negotiate individual and group decision-making
- Advanced interpersonal skills are needed to provide leadership and promote collaborative problem-solving in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Ability to integrate, analyze, synthesize, and summarize information to make judgments related to strategies to improve care and reduce/avoid harm.
- Analytical ability to interpret the application of evidence-based practices, and outcomes metrics.
- Proficiency in EPIC preferred
- Proficiency in RL6 Solutions preferred.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/patient-safety-specialist-crp-non-clinical-professional-johns-hopkins-hospital-b-617082-a2aef/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency