The Patient Service Coordinator II serves as a primary point of contact for patients and has duties and responsibilities related to patient care and workflow in the Interventional Radiology procedural and clinical environment. Successful candidates will display responsible behaviors, communicates effectively with others and functions as a team member. Under general supervision, provides customer service and administrative support in a high-volume, specialized practice. Primary responsibility includes collaboration with the Radiologists on patient consultation and scheduling that will enable superior access to care and the goal of achieving healthy outcomes.
- Uses automated system (Epic) to schedule appointments for patients; manage Snap Board procedure slots and maintains the order depot to ensure appointments are coordinated and scheduled in a timely manner.
- Exercises due diligence; confirms all patients using two identifiers to ensure correct record is accessed and closed upon completion.
- Coordinates Operating Room scheduling for cases requiring anesthesia; works with Technical Supervisors/Resource Teams to coordinate/facilitate putting inpatients on call.
- Exhibits interpersonal flexibility, initiative, and teamwork.
- Adheres to HIPAA policy; maintains patient's rights, privacy and confidentiality in all aspects of the job, including those relative to diagnosis and financial records.
- Proactively communicates with patients and care team regarding completed scheduling of services and identifies any issues with care coordination.
- Functions may include duties and responsibilities of Patient Service Coordinators I, as well as Staff Assistants I and II such as: typing, proofreading and editing correspondence, meeting minutes, filing, faxing and copying, calendaring functions, and disseminating data from spreadsheets/databases to compile material into presentable format for management review.
- Facilitates triage and care of acute cases and emergencies and relays pertinent information to responding care teams for resolution.
- Responds to requests from referring providers, patients and family members in a timely manner and provides clear, accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Confirms availability of procedure/exam rooms; keeps abreast of any schedule deviations and equipment downtime.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows-based programs (i.e. email, word processing, and data entry).
- Provides cross-coverage as needed for other team members and serves as a backfill during absences.
- Assists with training and orienting new staff.
- Minimum High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Some college, Secretarial Science or equivalent certificate desirable
- Minimum of 1 year related or customer service experience
- Experience with Epic or other scheduling and registration software desirable
- Ability to maintain customer service standards and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Individual contributor and/or team player
- Ability to organize and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and work demands
- Excellent independent judgment; exercises ethical standards at all times
- Strong problem-solving; functions as a resource for team members to troubleshoot/resolve care coordination issues
- Bilingual candidates (desirable)
- Medical Terminology (desirable)
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.