Schedule: Full-time 40 hours. 11:00 am - 7:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Holiday rotation required.
- The transporter is required to transport patients,specimens, equipment and supplies, linen distribution throughout the hospital as needed.
- Collects biohazard waste, sharps containers, soiled linen throughout the hospital.
- Receive information from the coordinator regarding the type of transport to be done. (This can be Patient Transport, Lab Transport, Linen Delivery, Supply Transport, Morgue Transport, Biohazard pickup and container replacement, Etc.)
- Complete the assignment in a timely fashion and notify dispatch of completion and receive new information regarding the next assignment.
- Complete quarterly equipment cleaning.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Other duties and/or tasks as needed.
100About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English: oral, written and typed
- Ability to converse with patients and staff in a friendly and courteous manner
- Must be able to follow instructions, printed or verbal.
- This position requires the candidate to be on their feet most of the shift as required and be able to help transfer patients from beds to stretchers and wheelchairs.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.