Job Code and Payroll Title
009247 STF PHARMACIST 2
This position has on-going responsibility for monitoring and evaluating patients for appropriate therapeutic outcomes; reviewing individual patients' records to ensure that drug therapy is appropriate; developing pharmaceutical care plans; disseminating drug information to health care professionals; participating in patient care conferences; and participating in the design and completion of patient drug use reviews, audits and other drug related studies and projects. Incumbents may also have the responsibility for a distinct pharmacy program, with or without clinical responsibilities, which requires abilities and expertise beyond those of a Staff Pharmacists I. Examples include maintenance and use of computerized information databases, a quality assurance program, intravenous (IV) additive program, mail order service, or disaster/safety/CPR programs. Responsibilities may include the oversight of non-pharmacists (pharmacy assistants, students/interns, etc.) and/or a limited number of Staff Pharmacists I. All Staff Pharmacists II have primary and consistent responsibilities for teaching and precepting pharmacy students and/or residents. Staff Pharmacists II initiate, plan and implement projects. A portion of the annualized work time for Staff Pharmacists II may be designated to Staff Pharmacists I tasks as specified by their job descriptions.
Pediatric Staff Pharmacist II
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
Allied Health, Pharmacy
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- Experience in a hospital setting, may include one year residency in hospital or clinical pharmacy practice and/or one year supervisory, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with patients, pharmacists and other healthcare personnel and administrators.
- Flexible; able to cope with rapid change; comfortable with an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain effective organizational, management and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and evaluate programs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively participate in and develop a team.
- Demonstrated clinical pharmacy skills and knowledge.
- Pharm.D. Degree
- Completion of an ASHP- accredited residency and/or fellowship
- Active license to practice Pharmacy in the State of California; must be in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
Full TimeDepartment Name
Pharmacy - Mission Bay MedsEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Department of Pharmaceutical Services at UCSF has long been nationally recognized as one of the founding fathers for clinical pharmacy services, which was established in 1965. Today, the department continues to lead the profession through the integration of advanced technology & robotics, comprehensive pharmaceutical care and clinical services.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)
This job has expired.